American Idol 7 Recap - April 8, 2008

Today's theme on American Idol 7 for the Top 8 was "pick a song that inspires you." Sounds cheesy, but you'd expect them to nail the song if it inspired them, right? Riiiight.

So it all started and I was blown away from the start.



Michael Johns
Sang: Dream On by Aerosmith
Oh my goodness, this boy has got me all hot and bothered. I adore him. His face, his accent, his singing... I only wish he worked out a bit. But I digress. He did an amazing job.



Syesha Mercado
Sang: I Believe by Fantasia Barrino

Uh, well, uh, I, uh, think that this pretty girl is going to find herself on the chopping block. No one really wants to hear a song by Fantasia, much less have it sung in a worse way. She choked big time tonight.



Jason Castro
Sang: Somewhere Over the Rainbow as sung by Israel Kamakawiwo Ole

Is it just me, or did Jason remind you slightly of Tiny Tim with his banjo tonight? It wasn't awful, mind you, but it did seem like a bit of a joke.



Kristy Lee Cook
Sang: Do It Anyway by Martina McBride

You won't hear me saying this very often, but this Kristy really impressed me tonight. I'm not much of a country music fan, but she belted away at the song and did a very impressive job. She nailed it. I think she might actually avoid ending up in the bottom 3 this week.



David Cook
Sang: Innocent by Our Lady Peace

I love OLP, but this is one of those songs that I didn't like so much. And while David usually blows me away with whatever rendition he bites, this time he stuck to the song the way it was meant to be sung and he left everybody wanting more. But he's still a star in my book.



Carly Smithson
Sang: The Show Must Go On by Queen
I like Carly but her version of this song sucked eggs. It was hella boring and she looked evil throughout the performance. I think that she's going to be part of the bottom 3 this week. In the immortal word of Simon Cowell, "sorry."



David Archuleta
Sang: Angels by Robbie Williams

For the first time, I didn't feel creeped out by David; his father is another story entirely, though. He really picked an awesome song and I think the fact that he played the piano kept his eyes off the camera, which allowed me to feel safe watching.



Brooke White
Sang: You've Got A Friend by James Taylor

Ugh, this performance was very "let's hold hands and sing koombaya," not what I had in mind when it comes to closing off the show. I always picture Brooke with flowers in her hair, strumming a guitar under a tree in a park while she puffs away at a joint at 4:20. Bottom 3 for you, baby.

So to close it up, my prediction for the bottom 3 are:

Syesha Mercado
Carly Smithson
Brooke White

Stay tuned for the results on Thursday April 10, 2008. Tomorrow is the Idol Gives Back episode and I'll have a recap for you. See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment